If you feel that your life is ‘out of balance’ or the life that you’re living isn’t the one you desire, your chakra system is probably off-kilter. In my Chakras Explained guide I talked about a time when work-life/home, emotions, relationships, and other areas of my life were unsteady.
It wasn’t until I learned about the seven spinning wheels of energy that run down the spine that I was able to find a solution for all I was experiencing. Of course, it wasn’t a ‘one-stop’ solution.
I dove into learning all I could about chakras, read a lot of chakra books, used crystals for healing, and meditated quite a bit. But a key piece of my recovery is what I’m sharing with you today–using chakra affirmations.
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive messages that serve to motivate one’s self. To affirm means to declare or assert that something is true. We do this in our minds many times a day, mostly unknowingly, and often, negatively.
For example, we make a mistake at work and we instantly think “Ugh, I’m so stupid.” Or someone says something critical and we silently agree that we are flawed or that we don’t ever do anything right.
Before long, this nagging voice of self-criticism becomes an integral part of our every day lives. In fact, we might begin to forget that this is not a part of our essence at all.
One way to combat this nasty habit is to use positive words to fight against the negative. I compare it to dousing water on a raging fire.
The more water we pour, the more likely we are to put the fire out completely. Reciting affirmations over and over again can cause the firey messages in our minds to smolder.
What are Chakra Affirmations?
There are many different types of affirmations, but some of my favorites directly target energy centers.
Just like certain medicines cure certain diseases, there are some specific messages that can heal blocked or overactive chakras and help them become whole again.
For example, if someone is struggling with feelings of fear and lack, the affirmation “I love myself” wouldn’t do much good.
However, reciting something like “I feel deeply rooted” or “I trust myself to make the right decisions” would work much better.
I’ve listed some of my all-time favorite ones below. But before getting started, I highly suggest you take some time to figure out which chakra(s) need the most help.
Then, sit down and pen out some affirmations of your own.
What does your higher-self want you to know? What is the kindest, sincerest thing you could say to someone else?
Use these questions and answers to create the positive messages that your energy centers need the most. Then use the list below as a supplement.
Root Chakra Affirmations
The Root Chakra is the very first and can be defined by three ‘s’ words: survival, safety, and security. When we have an imbalance in this energy center, we tend to be filled with fear and ‘what ifs.’
We don’t trust ourselves and we don’t trust others. An animalistic instinct often rises up and we descend into ‘fight or flight mode.’
But it doesn’t have to be this way. Here are some root chakra affirmations that can combat these dysfunctional reactions:
- I am safe and secure in this moment.
- My family will remain safe and secure.
- I have a deep connection with mother earth.
- I am supported by all that surrounds me.
- I have all that I need to survive.
- I am deeply rooted and connected.
- I am both grounded and centered.
- I am strong and capable.
- Financial security is mine.
- I am fearless.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
When our root chakra is working properly, we begin to feel joy. The sacral chakra is the ‘happiness center’ and is the seat of gratification.
When this chakra isn’t in balance, we aren’t able to feel these positive feelings and may find ourselves being either too dependent or controlling.
We might even become insecure or struggle with fear or intimacy. It’s not uncommon to feel the sting of jealousy, struggle with addictions, or become anxious/depressed.
The following meditations can help unwind these issues bit by bit:
- I am allowing myself to feel joy and happiness.
- I deserve every good thing that life has to offer.
- I embrace intimacy and closeness with others.
- I deserve to be loved by myself and others.
- I am confident in every part of me.
- I am deserving of respect and fair treatment.
- I respect the boundaries of others.
- I set appropriate boundaries for myself.
Solar Plexus Affirmations
Have you ever met someone who exudes power and confidence in a way that is noticeable but magnetic at the same time?
You can bet that his or her solar plexus chakra was in pristine shape and had no balance issues of any kind. The solar plexus is the center of one’s true identity.
By repeating the chakra affirmations below, you too can shine a light of confidence when you step into a room:
- I am confident in myself and my decisions.
- I embrace my personal power.
- I use my power for good.
- I believe in myself to do my best.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I am focused on my true life’s purpose.
- I am strong and courageous.
- I stand up for what I believe.
Heart Chakra Affirmations
This energy wheel doesn’t need much of an introduction. The center of love and all things love-related, our hearts have long been connected with deep and positive emotions.
But for many of us, we get so wrapped up in showing love to others that we neglect ourselves. This causes an imbalance that can be undone by the chakra affirmations below:
- I am a loving and caring being.
- I was born to be loved.
- I love others and allow others to love me.
- I am worthy of the purest love there is.
- I forgive myself and others.
- I embrace love and let go of all resentment.
- It is safe for me to love myself.
- I accept myself exactly how I am.
- My heart is open to love.
Throat Chakra Affirmations
Moving up from the heart, we meet the throat chakra. The center of all communication, a throat chakra that isn’t working properly can leave you feeling lost for words.
Secrets, lies, and mixed messages abound in the lives of those who need to heal this wheel. By repeating these mantras, you’ll be ready to clear the air once and for all:
- I will speak my truth openly.
- I am free to say what I mean.
- I can express myself clearly at all times.
- It is okay for me to communicate my needs.
- I can be honest about who I am.
- I am not afraid to let my feelings be known.
Third-Eye Chakra Affirmations
If you’re wanting to heighten your psychic abilities or embrace your intuition, you’ll need to make sure that you keep the energy flowing through your third-eye.
This sixth chakra connects us with our higher power and is associated with prayer, so it makes sense that one would use affirmations to effectively heal and help this center.
If you’re feeling closed off from yourself or a little lost when it comes to self-development, take time to recite a few of these chakra affirmations:
- I am wise and make smart decisions.
- I listen to my intuition and higher self.
- I always trust myself to make the right call.
- I am present and observant in my life.
- I believe that every situation helps me grow.
- I am connected to my higher power.
- I am perfectly aligned with my authentic self.
Crown Chakra Affirmations
The 7th and final energy wheel, the crown chakra, is a special one, indeed. It is the center of both knowledge and spirituality.
It is also one of the most elusive chakra wheels to have rolling smoothly, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible.
In fact, I’ve found that crown chakra affirmations work more quickly than some of the other mantras. Here are the ones I used frequently:
- I embrace the Divine within me.
- I love and accept myself.
- I seek out positive experiences.
- I listen to wisdom as it appears.
- I let go of attachments.
- I am grateful for all the good things.
- All is well in my world.
- All is well with my soul.
- I am at peace.
- I am peace.
Ready, Set, Recite
Now that you’ve read the chakra affirmations above, it’s time to hold them close to your heart and recite.
In the way that people memorize and recite religious texts, reciting chakra affirmations will allow you to believe once and for all the things that your authentic self wants you to know.
Do you have a favorite from the list above? Or a personal favorite that you think should be added to the list? I’d love to know, so share in the comment section. And above all else, continue to think positively.